ROG’s latest and greatest bulking gaming machine finally made its way to Philippine shores. Starting today, the ROG G703 Chimera will be on sale at select ROG concept stores. This beast of a laptop can be equipped with up to Intel’s 8th generation Core i9 processor.
Accompanying Intel’s Core i9 is Nvidia’s GTX 1070 or 1080 GPU, up to 64GB of RAM, and up to a 512GB SSD + 2TB HDD storage combo. Handling the display side is a 144hz 17.3-inch Full HD IPS-level panel with G-sync. We also get ASUS’ RGB Aura Sync tech on the keyboard that has individual backlighting. The Philippine variants though all sport a Core i9-8950HK and a GTX 1080.
ROG G703 Chimera specifications
- 17.3-inch Full HD IPS-level 144hz, 3ms display with G-Sync @ 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Intel Core i9-8950HK 2.9GHz (Max Turbo at 4.8GHz) processor
- Nvidia GTX 1080 (8GB GDDR5X VRAM) GPU
- 32 or 64GB RAM
- 2TB HDD + 512GB PCIe SSD
- 1TB HDD + 512GB PCIe SSD
- 802.11ax 2×2 Wave 2 WLAN
- Bluetooth 5.0
- 3x USB 3.1 Gen2
- 1x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C, Thunderbolt 3
- 1x mDP 1.4
- 1x HDMI 2.0
- 1x RJ-45 Jack
- 1x SD card reader
- 1x 3.5mm audio combo port
- 1x 3.5mm microphone port
- 1x Kensington lock
- 42.5 x 31.9 x 4.75-5.1 cm
The ROG G703 Chimera is priced at Php 229,995 for the 32GB/1TB+512GB variant and Php 249,995 for the 64GB/2TB+512GB one. It is now available in select ROG concept stores nationwide.