ASUS has updated its Z170 Pro Gaming motherboard from last year and now calls it the Z170 Pro Gaming Aura. It now has Aura LED lights, a reinforced safeslot, and is apparently the “world’s first 3D-printing-friendly motherboard with patent-pending mounting design”.
As posted on their official page, the following features for the refreshed motherboard includes:
- LGA1151 socket for 6th-generation Intel Core i7 / Core i5 / Core i3, Pentium and Celeron processors
- Dual DDR4 3466 (OC) support
- True gaming aesthetics: 3D-printing friendly and Aura RGB lighting
- Easy and stable overclocking: Pro Clock technology, 5-Way Optimization and 2nd-generation T-Topology
- SupremeFX: Flawless audio that makes you part of the game
- Sonic Radar ll: Scan and detect your enemies to dominate
- Top-speed protected networking: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, LANGuard and GameFirst IV
- RAMCache: Speed up your game loads
- Ultra-speedy transfers for faster gaming: USB 3.1 Type-A/C & M.2
- Gamer’s Guardian: SafeSlot, highly-durable components and smart DIY features
The inclusion of its Aura RGB lighting adds 12 different lighting schemes plus the ability to customize these lights. It could also be synced with other gear with Aura feature. We’ve also mentioned the reinforced Safeslot which should prove to be a sturdier PCIe slot providing superior retention and shearing resistance as reported by hexus.net.
Additionally, it has a 3D-printing-friendly design that lets its users make nameplates with matching colors and, together with the Aura lighting, have a unified theme and look for the motherboard.
The source reports that it is priced in UK for £145.99. You may check out the full list of specs over at ASUS’s page.