Niantic rolls out an update to Pokemon GO that brings new features and fixes bugs for its players. Notably, the “Nearby Pokemon” window has also been changed to “Sightings” and shows the Pokemon in their environment.
The full change log follows:
- Added a dialog to remind Trainers that they should not play while traveling above a certain speed; Trainers will have to indicate they aren’t the driver
- Made improvements to the accuracy of a curveball throw
- Fixed achievements showing incorrect Medal icons
- Fixed a bug that prevented ”Nice,” ”Great,” and “Excellent” Poké Ball throws from awarding the appropriate XP bonuses
- Added visuals of Team leaders – Candela, Blanche and Spark
- Enabled the ability for Trainers to change their nickname one time, so please choose your new nickname wisely
- Resolved issues with the battery saver mode on iOS and re-enabled the feature
- We’re currently testing a variation of the “Nearby Pokémon” feature with a subset of users. During this period you may see some variation in the nearby Pokémon UI.
- Other fixes