Micro-Star International (MSI) just launched their very own dedicated Android Emulator on PC in the form of the MSI App Player. The company partnered with well-known Android Emulator developer, BlueStacks to bring this project to fruition.
It’s as the name suggest, it’s an Android Emulator where you can download and install your favorite apps and games on PC. Perhaps the best feature it has is out of the box support for keyboard and mouse controls. As for the rest of the features check them out below.
- Multiple Instances — Quickly and Easily open a new instance of the app player, which can be a clone of the current instance or a new one.
- BlueStacks World — A page where you can earn exclusive rewards by trying out various games.
- Access to BlueStacks Shop — A shop for added App Player contents and even peripherals. You can buy items either by points or cash.
- Mock Location — Easily set your GPS location.
- Upload APK — Upload and Install APKs straight from your PC to the emulator.
- Auto Backlit Hotkeys (exclusive to MSI users) — Your keyboard lights will only show the necessary buttons for the current game (e.g. MOBA, FPS, Action, etc).
The App Player has close ties to the recently released BlueStacks 4, having almost the same UI. Sadly, the App Player is just your vanilla Android Emulator with a few added perks as Macro Key customization and other more advanced settings aren’t present. Although that can easily be addressed with a software update. If you’re interested in trying out the MSI App Player you can download it here.
MSI Philippines is also holding an event in SM North Edsa, Megamall, and Mall of Asia where participants can get a chance to experience the App Player first hand on MSI laptops. For more information head on over here.